LATEST NEWS

Sabado, Setyembre 3, 2016

#UAAPLXXIX Preview: National University


National University failed to defend their title last season as they fell short against UST in the semifinals, finishing in the fourth spot with a 7-7 win-loss record. The Bulldogs losses the service of ace players like Gelo Alolino and Paolo Javelona, but still they have a much intact line up with Jjay Alejandro and Alfred Aroga taking the co-captain position in the team, plus the addition of national team players like Tzaddy Rangelm Reggie Morido, Marc Diputado, JV Gallego, and Joshua Sinclair,

NU still has high chances making it on top with a young, but deeper roster and with Coach Eric Altamirano still manning the team the Bulldogs could still pull off another finals appearance or another title this season. 

The NU Bulldogs will face the UE Red Warriors this coming Wednesday, September 7, 2pm at the Mall of Asia Arena. 

_____________________________________


Name:Joshua Sinclair

Age: 18

Height/Shoe Size: 6'4/12.5

Highschool: SHS-ADC/St Andrews

Course/Year AB-English/1st year


1.What are your expectations in coming UAAP season
I expect a whole new journey for me as a basketball player. I've never experienced anything like the UAAP in my entire life and I'm so excited to get my first taste of it

2.
Being one of the young players in the roster of NU, what do you think will be your biggest contributions in the team? Do you think your experience in the national team will give you an advantage?

I'm honestly not sure what my contributions will be. I just want to make sure that I'll give it my all on and off the court to help the team in any way possible. I'll do whatever the coaches tell me to do and I'll help my teammates in any way I can./ Yes I think playing in the national team has made me a better player, I feel that will carry over to my UAAP career. I'm so grateful that I had a chance to play for the national team and also improve from being on the team.

3.
How would you rate NU this season? 10 highest- 1 lowest?.

10

4.
What do you think are the strengths and weaknesses of NU this season?

It's honestly yet to be tested. I think the teams biggest strength and weakness is experience. Our team has little experience compared to other teams with 8 rookies and no last year players in the team. We are young and I feel as it is a strength and a weakness.

5.
What preparations you've done so far for season 79?

Apart from training physically I've been trying to prepare myself mentally. I know that the UAAP is a whole other level and I've honestly been trying to get my head around me actually being able to play this season. Such a blessing

6.
What motivates you/Who inspires you to play basketball?

For me my number one motivation is family. I want to play well and give my all for my parents. They've always given their all for me and I just want to make them proud.

7.
One word to describe NU this UAAP Season 79?

TOGETHER

Share this:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

 
Copyright © 2014 Big Beez Buzz. Designed by OddThemes | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates