LATEST NEWS

Biyernes, Marso 16, 2018

Review: My Perfect You

My Perfect You

Starring: Pia Wurtzbach and Gerald Anderson

Directed by: Cathy Garcia Molina

Genre: Romance, Drama, Comedy



Okay, first things first, this review might be a spoiler if you haven't watched the movie. 

_________________________________________

My Perfect You tackles the story of Burn (Gerald), a graphic designer who has an almost perfect life not until everything falls apart for him as he was dumped by his girlfriend. Burn felt burned out with his life as problems came left and right leaving him with no choice but to escape and because of that he met Abi (Pia) a resort owner where burn got lost in. 

Abi is a bubbly, happy go lucky, but strong willed woman. She is up for the challenge of making Burn happy again until one day they realized that they didn't just made each other instead they fell for each other. 

Everything seemed to be okay with Burn again, he is starting to recover from the rejection and heartbreaks, but things turned around as their love story completely 360 degrees from reality, will Burn face reality or will he use Abi to escape from it? 

_________________________________________

My Perfect You is a sugar coated bitter sweet movie, at first the movie seems to be a typical Cathy Garcia-Molina rom-com movie but I was wrong this is the first time I watched a movie that made me feel relaxed at the start of the movie and then will surprised me in the end, I felt that the movie was disguised and has two personalities that tricked me to ride the roller coaster of emotions that this movie built. 

I commend the writer Christine Gabriel for writing this story, I guess I can say that this movie is a unique one for Star Cinema. 

Going back to the movie at first I thought the movie looked rushed as some scenes looked weird and out of place, but I realized that those scenes adds up to the climax and the ending. I was actually amazed on how the movie brought us inside that realm that Burn created that we forgot what had happened before the two characters met each other. 

What I love the most in "My Perfect You" is that it raises awareness to certain mental health issues such as schizophrenia and depression, I felt that it is very timely specially in our society today where mental health isn't much of a priority and also I love how the movie showed how these mental illness are treated and how big the role of the family in treating these kinds of illness. 

I may not be a psychiatrist, but I believe the movie was able to explain what is schizophrenia and the treatment to cure it in the easiest manner for the movie goers to understand.    

_________________________________________

On the acting side, first, all of the characters and actors delivered well from the leads down to the support cast they were all amazing. 

Pia Wurtzbach surprised me because even though this is her first lead in a movie, she was able to deliver such a versatile performance, she really did gave life to the character of Abi, who is light adorable, and cute, balancing the negativity and darkness of the character of Burn. Pia can be who ever we want her to be. 

Gerald Anderson on the other hand though he was really de-glamorized in this movie he was able to give justice to the character of Burn, he was owned by the character of burn it was far from Gerald, it was far from other characters he portrayed before, the darkness of the character really showed up and I believe he was able to deliver his best in this movie. 

I also like to praise Dimples Romana for bringing an A game for her character Elaine, I was really moved by her character specially in that one special scene in the bathroom that really made me emotional as well. 
________________________________________

To wrap things up My Perfect You is a romantic movie in disguise, it is a roller coaster ride of emotions that will bring you to the Happy Sunshine Camp. This is worthy of your money, the perfect movie to open up the summer season, an unconventional movie with an unconventional story in an unconventional characters that will make you believe that you can be whoever you want to be. 





Share this:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

 
Copyright © 2014 Big Beez Buzz. Designed by OddThemes | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates