LATEST NEWS

Biyernes, Agosto 7, 2020

Enzo Bonoan: Road to Fitness

They say that health is always wealth and taking care of our body is definitely a must specially in times like this wherein we are all faced with a pandemic. 

Magdagdag ng caption


Our guy for the month of August I must say is really taking fitness into other level, but first lets get to know him as that guy who won the BodyCon from last year and trying his luck in this year's Century Tuna Superbods, meet Enzo Bonoan. 

Get to know Enzo's Bodycon journey and what does it take for one to become a superbod in our first week with him. 



1. You did join Bodycon last year, how different is Body Con to the Superbods?

Gold's Gym BodyCon and Century Tuna Superbods both stand for empowering Filipinos to live healthy & active lifestyles. In fact, they are the perfect complement to attesting how passionate I am towards my goal in the fitness industry today which is Inclusive Fitness. BodyCon has always projected the work we put in through exercise while Superbods reminds us of the importance of the fuel we need in order to function properly. For me, both exercise & nutrition are integral components to living a healthy and active lifestyle and I am thankful to be involved in these amazing platforms to help empower and inspire as many people as I can.

2. Did you ever felt intimidated by guys that are bigger than you in competitions like this?

Definitely. Growing up as a skinny kid with body image concerns, I was used to feelings of inadequacy. Sometimes it's tough to not compare myself to other guys. In fact, when I tried out for BodyCon, I was lined up next to an IFBB Men's Physique competitor who just came from a show (In other words, he was massive and ripped).

Yes there was some intimidation but the big difference is that I appreciate myself more now. At the end of the day, what matters most is how I feel about myself and my own body. If I keep allowing myself to be discouraged by others, I would never get anywhere. Fitness taught me to love myself more and that's why I am my own biggest believer.

My confidence does not come from being the best. It comes from self-love and this is something I want to impart to others who lack self-esteem & are also going through body image concerns.


 3. What do you think is your advantage coming into these competitions?

I have the privilege to be in this contest with a remarkable batch of men and I think each one has his own advantage. For me, what sets me apart from the others is my personal experience in life. My story is unique to me and I could use my rises, falls and learnings to empower others as well. My story is a roller coaster ride and I'm not afraid to talk about the lowest points in my life because I want people to know that they are not alone. That anyone can rise above adversity and thank the Lord for making them stronger.

 4. Joining competitions like this, what mindset do you have before going in?

When I join competitions, I always go in with the mindset of creating an impact through giving my all. Whether I win or I lose, my real victory comes in the form of doing my best to make a difference in the lives of others. Whether it be in a fitness pageant, or a race, or a physique show, I want to use my journey to inspire others and show them that anything is possible.

I'm also not afraid of failure. In fact, I embrace it because it's either you win or your learn. 

Don't get me wrong, I always play to win. However, I want these wins to stand for something and to show that I've brought others along with me on my journey to victory.



Next week we'll get to know more of Enzo Bonoan as we talk more about his fitness routines and we'll get more workout tips from him. For now you can follow Enzo on his social media accounts @enzobonoan24 on Instagram and on Facebook at Enzo Bonoan

Share this:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

 
Copyright © 2014 Big Beez Buzz. Designed by OddThemes | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates