LATEST NEWS

Biyernes, Abril 16, 2021

Andrew Lee: Getting Fit with Drew

To see other people achieve their goal to become healthy and fit that is one of the biggest motivation of Andrew Lee on why he pursued to be a Fitness Instructor. At a young age of 17 Andrew started out to change the way he looked turning his skinny teenage years to become a fitness buff he is now.  



Andrew has had experience of becoming a fitness gym manager and a fitness instructor back in Gangnam, South Korea years ago to provide for himself when he went there to take up his military training. 

He plans to join in a bodybuilding competition later this year.

Andrew stands at around 6 foot tall, got a 29 inch waistline, size 9 shoes, and wears XL Shirts. 


At what age did you start to work out?  

I was motivated to go to the gym at the age of 17 due to the fact that I was very skinny. I wanted to be stronger, and honestly, I wanted to look good for the girls. Haha.  


However, being skinny and having little to no knowledge regarding weights, I was the kid in the back who would always watch the bigger guy's work out and try to imitate them. 


Being skinny was very humbling, because I would always start with the colored weights that females would usually use to workout, moreover I was unable to lift the bar itself when I would bench press. That experience made me want to be the guy who helps others who are eager to take the next step to fitness. It is also the reason why I strive to share my knowledge of fitness by the use of social media.



Do you follow any particular workout routine?  

Honestly, I do not follow a specific workout routine; I like to go with the flow and work on the areas in my body where I believe lacks growth 


What’s your favorite and least favorite workout?  

My favorite workout would be the barbell bench press; it was the workout that I was keen on improving when I first started out. 


To be frank, I do not have a least favorite - I passionately love working out and being locked in where I can just focus on moving weight around. 


What’s the best time to work out?  

In my opinion, the best time to work out differs from person to person. Just like how some people are more creative and active at night; I believe that would have a great impact on their best time to work out. 


As long as you have to motivation to workout, the best time can be any time of the day. 


How about diet, what do you usually eat and what do you avoid eating? 

To be frank, I don’t do diet. I love to eat! Sarap ng mga pagkain dito sa Pilipinas hahaI've lived like this because I do not want to disrespect gatherings where I am offered certain food; I would always accept the offer and thank them. At times I would need to adjust accordingly. 


For example, if I had pizza for lunch, I would try to eat something that has more protein in the evening if possible. But then again, I don't want to stress myself by cooking chicken. I like to enjoy the company of others and go with the flow.  


What’s the best part of your body?  

Haha I'm shy to answer this question, but if I were to choose, I would pick my abs - as they were the first body part, I was confident in ever since I was skinny. 



And that part of your body that needs improvement.  

Right now, I'm focused on growing my back - Lat muscles in particular. Personally, I look up to Christian Guzman's physique & life. The way he started Alphalete & inspired other people throughout his career.  


As a fitness Trainer as well, what are the most common problems that you encounter with your clients and how do you motivate them?  

When my clients are demotivated to continue, I remind them why they started this journey. It is also most important to remind them as well, that they’re health should be prioritized because first and foremost, it is their body and they should take care of it, second, they’ll be proud to say they accomplished their goal. 


How do you stay fit during this whole quarantine? 

I prioritize working out. I will squeeze in a workout amidst anything that may be going on in my schedule. 


What about home workouts? Any tips you can give to those who want to start a fit life?  

I highly believe in home workouts - anything can be possible as long as you have the motivation. Investing 30 minutes to 1 hour a day can go a long way. I personally think that now is the perfect time to work out at home, because we are in the middle of a pandemic, it is a great way to keep a healthy mind and body. 

 
 

Share this:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

 
Copyright © 2014 Big Beez Buzz. Designed by OddThemes | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates