LATEST NEWS

Sabado, Hunyo 19, 2021

Joseph Ventinilla: To Swim and To Serve




Last time we talked about Joseph Ventinilla's work out routines and how does he keep himself still in shape despite not being too active in the sports he loved. 

Joseph is a Business Administration graduate that majors in Human Resource Development Management back in CSB, he was able to juggle the life of a full time Student-Athlete, he also tried to venture in modelling and after college he entered the corporate world. 

He also took up Public Administration for his Master's Degree and he is now the SK Chairman in their barangay in Taguig. 


This week we talk about how our Water Hottie started out swimming and how did he enter public service; 

  1. Let’s talk about you being a swimmer, at what age did you started out and what influenced you to push through with swimming?  

-Can’t remember the exact age pero grade 1 yun. Our parents want us to be in a summer sports program. First, we want basketball but since we are still young and they only accept grade 4 or 5 above our parents move right away to swimming since they want us to overcome our fear in the water and as well our asthma. And the rest is history.... 

 

  1. Looking back, any unforgettable memories inside the pool? (Best memories and Embarrassing moments) 

-Embarrassing moment was back then when we were still in the summer sports program our coach push us in the pool and we were drowning and drank a lot of water and our coach just stood there and look at us and our fellow swimmers. After that we got angry at our coach and I promise to myself that I'll be better swimmer than he was and yes it happened. 


Best memories would be my whole swimming career...all those ups and downs in our training and competitions I met a lot of good people who eventually become my family and all those values i learned because of swimming. 






  1. Any tips you can give to aspiring young swimmers?  

-Work hard and never complain to your coach. They are your second family and they will help you to become the best. Work hard so you can get a scholarship so you can help your family in the future. 

 

  1. Post college, you are now a public servant, what pushed you to be a public servant?  

-Ever since I was a kid, I wanted to help people and serve. I really don’t know when and how to start it just came to me like a “calling” that’s why when they offered me to this position, I grabbed it right away.

 

  1. What so far was the most challenging part in being in service to your constituents? 

-You cannot please everyone but that is work and you have to accept it and work hard because you are a public servant. I serve my people whole heartedly because I owe it to them. 

 

 

Share this:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

 
Copyright © 2014 Big Beez Buzz. Designed by OddThemes | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates