LATEST NEWS

Miyerkules, Disyembre 27, 2017

Review: The Revenger Squad

The Revenger Squad

Director: Bb. Joyce Bernal

Starring: Vice Ganda, Daniel Padilla, and Pia Wurtzbach

Genre: Comedy, Action, Fantasy



The Revenger Squad tackles the story of Emy aka Gandarra(Vice Ganda), a superhero who had an amnesia after battling with Madman and was turned into a seamstress by his friends to keep him and his adopted brother Chino safe from Min, but little they know that Chino (Daniel Padilla) was already aware that he had powers and was using it under the superhero name Rapiddo.

With Chino discovering his powers, it lead the way for Kweenie/Cassy(Pia Wurtzbach) to discover who she could use to keep her and Mino's power strong. Gandarra wasn't aware that Kweenie was her long lost sister and that became one big disadvantage for him as Kweenie was able to lure Chino going the way of Mino. Will Gandarra saved the world again along with Chino and Kweenie? or will Mino's power defeat them?
_________________________________________


Okay first of all I would like to say that this review will be based on my own experience while watching the movie, nothing will be technical nor academic.

I got three points to say about the movie and here it goes.

First, The Revenger Squad is far more better than The Super Parental Guardians last year, there are elements from last year that was toned down here and made it even better like the Action scenes I love how they made it less violent this year unlike last year where I find it a bit awkward that they are selling it to the kids yet it was too violent, TRS changed it and made itself a Family oriented one. 

Second, if you are expecting an award winning movie this movie is not for you, but if you just want to unwind, distress, and be happy this movie is for you. I myself couldn't help not to laugh specially in the scene where Peppa and friends needs to bring all of Emy's memory back that was super funny and well I guess the whole cinema and alot of you will agree to me.

Third, though I said it was a far more better movie, this movie lacked in story details, from why are they superheroes, where did they come from, where did their powers came from, I mean there are lots of questions that popped out while I was watching it.
_____________

On the acting department Vice Ganda delivered the most hilarious antics in this movie, though we regularly see it on TV the attack on the big screen was way different and I like his "no acting" acting in certain scenes.

Daniel Padilla shows that he can stand alone without a love team in this movie, The Revenger Squad brought out what other things he can do as an actor without a love team it's like Daniel Padilla unfiltered.

Well I guess I have to say this for Pia Wurtzbach, she should've been Darna! Seriously with all the action stunts she did in this movie, the fierceness of her aura and her overall look, she is the perfect example of a Pinay Superhero.

And Lastly, I really love the trio of MC, Lassy, and Kiray with Karla Estrada, they left a mark on me with that scene where they need to bring back the memory of Gandarra was really hilarious leaving me laughing out loud inside the cinema.

 _____________

Over all the movie is for those again looking for some breather from all the stress and hustle and bustle of the holiday season, it will give you a good laugh, it will distress you, don't expect too much about the story and viola your 300 will be worthy.

If I will give a rating for this as a movie it will an 7 or 8, but the laughter that it will give you is more than 10 out of 10!

Share this:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

 
Copyright © 2014 Big Beez Buzz. Designed by OddThemes | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates