LATEST NEWS

Huwebes, Hulyo 30, 2026

James Reid, Julia Barretto, Maricel Soriano Lead Regal Entertainment’s ‘Haunted Carnival’ for #MMFF52

James Reid, Julia Barretto, and Diamond Star Ms. Maricel Soriano headline Regal Entertainment Inc.’s official entry to the 52nd Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF), Haunted Carnival.




Returning for its third movie installment, the Haunted franchise of Regal Films began in 2015 with Haunted Mansion, starring Janella Salvador and Iza Calzado, followed by Haunted Forest in 2017, which starred Jane Oineza, Jon Lucas, Maris Racal, and Jameson Blake. This time, James Reid and Julia Barretto take audiences inside the terrifying world of Haunted Carnival.

Directed by Joey De Guzman, director of the 2025 episode of Shake, Rattle & Roll: Evil Origins, Haunted Carnival is set in the Philippines in 1986, where a group of strangers must survive and escape a perya filled with hostile and deadly attractions operated by the mysterious Salamangkero.

The film also marks the first time that Julia Barretto and James Reid will star in a movie under Regal Entertainment Inc.

During the film’s story conference, James shared his excitement about exploring the horror-slash­er genre in a pre-recorded video message from Sydney, Australia.

“I said yes to this project. It’s really a genre that I haven’t explored yet, so when I heard from the Regal team—horror slasher set in the ’80s—I said, ‘That sounds really fun.’ And I’m very excited to work with Director Joey de Guzman, and I love his work so far, so very excited for that.”

James also expressed his excitement about working with the film’s diverse ensemble cast and bringing his character, Lian, to life.

Joining James Reid, Julia Barretto, and Maricel Soriano in this star-studded horror-suspense film are  Fyang Smith, Ronnie Alonte, RK Bagatsing, Phi Palmos, Prince Carlos, JM Salvado, Celyn David, Charlie Flemming and Joaquin Arce, and Mr John Arcilla. 

Haunted Carnival is set to begin filming in the coming weeks and promises to bring audiences another roller-coaster horror treat when it arrives in cinemas on Christmas Day as part of the 52nd Metro Manila Film Festival.

#MMFF52 
#HauntedCarnival 

Share this:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

 
Copyright © 2014 Big Beez Buzz. Designed by OddThemes | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates